IT Sales Specialist
We are looking for an IT sales specialist who specializes in selling computer hardware and software, as well as IT services. An IT sales specialist has to be able to answer highly technical questions in order to close sales. This role is an entry-level position and will report to the Sales and Marketing Director and the CEO.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Selling IT software and services
• Account management of existing clients
• Maintain knowledge of Industry Trends
• Maintain a Strong Knowledge of Products and Services Offered - IT sales specialists have to be able to speak about IT products and services with conviction. This requires expertise in fundamental IT principles in order to answer technical questions asked by prospects.
• Conduct Market Research to Find Sales Prospects - IT sales specialists don’t just rely on soft sales skills to close deals. They are responsible for conducting detailed market research to find the ideal prospects for their current campaign. This duty requires analytical and organizational skills.
• Have to Sales Meetings with Prospects - The bulk of IT sales specialists’ time is spent in sales meetings. They are responsible for conveying the features and benefits of their products and services, and then closing the deal using sales and negotiation tactics.
• Participate in Sales Strategy Meetings - Sales strategy meetings take place on a daily basis, and IT sales specialists are expected to participate. These meetings include discussing changes to sales pitches and other sales materials, as well as brainstorming ways to generate more business.
• Maintain a Database of Prospective and Current Customers - IT sales specialists use client relationship management (CRM) software to maintain a database of prospective and current customer information. They use this database to help them guide their leads through the sales cycle.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, IT and/or computer science
• Must be Full Professional/C1 or Native/C2 Proficient in the English language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical skills – using IT expertise to explain product features and benefits to prospective clients
This job is ideal for someone who is/has:
• Self-motivated and driven by targets
• Resilient. Someone who is able overcome rejection and work under pressure to meet quotas
• Good numerical skills
• Organized and detail-oriented. Must be familiar with using CRM software to keep track of prospective clients and customer information
• Understanding of the sales process / cycle
• Great negotiation skills
• Commercial awareness and market research skills
• People-oriented. Someone who enjoys interacting with people.
• IT Sales – 2 years
• Customer service – 2 years
Remote, but servicing the United States (US) and global market
US Eastern Standard Time (UTC -05:00) or US Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -04:00) Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm
1 contractual position available. Will start off as an hourly-based employment, and will transition to full-time employment with successful performance and goals.
- Lead the entire sales cycle
- Achieve monthly sales objectives
- Qualify the customer needs
- Negotiate and contract
- Master demos of our products and services
- Bachelor Degree or Higher
- Passion for IT software products and services
- Perfect verbal and written English
- Highly creative and autonomous
- Market research skills
Nice to have
- Experience in writing online content
- Additional languages
- Google Workspace, Odoo and Amazon Web Services experience
- Strong analytical skills